Whether you’re a freelancer, self-employed, or a small business owner, you probably have to send business invoices on a regular basis to get paid for your services.
It can be daunting to find a trustworthy and reliable invoicing software when you’re busy providing great customer service and delivering results.
As a freelance virtual assistant, I know just how important it is to use a service to invoice my clients that looks professional and is reliable. Which is why Freshbooks is my first choice!
What Is Freshbooks
Freshbooks is a simple all-in-one small business and accounting software that has been featured in multiple publications including Forbes, CNN, The New York Times, and Bloomberg.
Best of all, it’s really easy to use even if you’re not well-versed in accounting so you’re left with more time to work on your business.
In a small business accounts and bookkeepers survey done in 2019, Freshbooks asked 300 North American-based accountants and bookkeepers about their opinions about their experience with dealing with small business owners and small business accounting software.
And the results really were astonishing!
- 68% of small business owners are intimidated by accounting software
- 2 out of 3 feel that small business owners think they require specialized accounting skills or experience to use it
- 69% agree that small business owners believe accounting software is difficult to learn
- 83% agree that small business owners typically make mistakes when using it
With Freshbooks, they make it so easy even if you’re a beginner.
Freshbooks has a ton of features including time tracking, organizing your expenses, and following up with clients, one of my favorites is its invoicing feature.
Invoicing Your Clients
It only takes a few minutes to create an invoice but a professional invoice can leave a lasting impression on your client. With Freshbooks, you can easily customize your invoice, add your personal logo, and include a personalized thank you note.
How To Create An Invoice
Creating an invoice is easy with Freshbooks. Follow this video on how to create your own!
Simplify Your Business With Retainers
Another great option in Freshbooks that can help simplify your business is to use their awesome Retainers feature. By establishing a stable cash flow for a set timeline or project, you can make it a lot easier for yourself to forecast your upcoming income and workload.
By using this easy-to-use tool, you'll be able to:
- Track your hours and dedicate a certain number of hours to your client's retainer
- Forecast monthly income
- Manage timelines and project progress effectively
- Create professional reports and summaries to keep your clients in the loop
- Streamline your workflow
- Set expectations with your clients
- Avoid scope creep
Other Freshbooks Invoicing Features
Here are some other great reasons why you should choose Freshbooks to create professional-looking invoices for your clients:
- Add invoice due dates
- Customize invoice payment term
- Easily offer discounts
- Automatically calculate taxes
- Preview invoices before sending
- Choose your preferred currency
- Instant updates when an invoice has been viewed and paid
- Invoice from anywhere with the mobile app
Liked this post? Please share it!