Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I may receive a commission if you purchase through them.
Are you looking for knowledge on how to start your own blog to make extra money on the side or to turn into your full-time income?
Blogging is a great side hustle to get into if you love being creative, you love helping others, you want to work for yourself, or you’re aiming to become location-independent.
How To Start A Blog & Make Money Passively
Before you start any blog, you’ll have to think through some things and have a clear game plan before taking action.
Not sure if a blog is right for you? Check out my post on 10 signs you should start a blog today.
Choose A Niche
Choosing the right niche is one of the most important steps before starting a blog.
Here are some tips on how to choose a niche:
- You should have some interest in the topic (you are going to be talking a lot about the subject after all)
- You have some expertise in the topic
- There is potential for your blog to grow and make money in this niche
- Is it a saturated niche? (ex. too many big name competitors can make it very hard for you to make a name for yourself)
Have a focused blog rather than a more broad niche (such as a lifestyle blog) can make scaling a blog so much easier.
When you are focused, you will:
- Have an easier time ranking on search engines such as Google or Bing because the algorithm knows exactly what you’re blog topic is about
- Be able to connect and resonate better with your audience through your blog posts, sales pages, social media pages, and email list (which means more sales and money for you!)
So which niche will you choose?
Check out my Niche Selection Planner if you need help deciding on a niche.
It’s so much easier right now to choose the right niche than to figure out later that this wasn’t something that made sense in the first place.
You want to make sure you can talk a whole lot about this subject, the competition isn’t too intense with too many large players, and it’s a niche you can actually make money in.
Now if you know your niche, you can move on to the next step.
Set Up Your Blog
Follow my detailed step-by-step tutorials on how to start a money-making blog below.
All of these tutorials are catered to a specific niche so choose the niche that you’re interested in learning more about.
I will show you how to purchase your domain, hosting, install WordPress, and all the steps along the way up to monetizing your blog content.
How To Start A Blog Tutorials
- How To Start A Craft Blog
- How To Start A Home Decor Blog
- How To Start A Fashion & Style Blog
- How To Start A Beauty Blog
- How To Start A Mom Blog
- How To Start A Food Blog
- How To Start A Fitness Blog
- How To Start A Personal Development & Self-Help Blog
- How To Start A Pet Blog
- How To Start A Book Blog
- How To Start A Wedding Blog
- How To Start A Gardening Blog
- How To Start A Travel Blog
- How To Start A Personal Finance Blog
- How To Start A Relationship Advice Blog
- How To Start A Health And Wellness Blog
- How To Start A Crochet Blog
- How To Start A Coffee Blog
- How To Start A Wine Blog
- How To Start A Disney Blog
Don’t forget to also check out these blog tips after you finish setting up your blog:
Essential Tools & Resources
- 10 Best Free Plugins For New Bloggers
- 25 WordPress Themes That Are Elegant And Feminine
- 50 Best Tools & Resources To Use As A Blogger
- How To Protect Your Blog Legally So You Don’t Get Sued
- 6 Feminine Stock Photo Sites
How To Grow Your Blog Traffic
- 8 Free Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Site
- 20 Things To Do After Starting A Blog
- 8 Things To Follow After Publishing A Blog Post
- How To Write Blog Posts Faster
- A Beginner’s Guide To Setting Up And Optimizing Pinterest
How To Monetize Your Blog Posts
- 7 Affiliate Networks To Join For Beginners
- 10 Influencer Networks To Make Money
- How To Make Money Blogging If You’re A New Blogger
- Best Affiliate Marketing Courses For Beginners
Liked this post? Please share it!