Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and I may receive a commission if you purchase through them.
Do you hate the 9 to 5 rat race?
Do you wish you were able to make extra cash each month so that you can be more financially free?
Whether you’re looking to quit your job to become an entrepreneur, start a side hustle while working full-time, or become location independent and travel the world as a digital nomad, here are 50 work from home ideas you can start today!
50 Work From Home Side Hustle Ideas To Make Extra Cash
1. Start your own blog. A great way to earn passive income at home is to start your very own blog. There aren’t very many start up costs required and there is a relatively low barrier to entry. Just pick a niche or two that you’re passionate about and start earning passive income! Check out my easy-to-follow tutorial on how to start a blog for just $3.95 per month here.
2. Become a Pinterest VA. Have a love for Pinterest, analyzing stats, and designing graphics? Become a Pinterest virtual assistant and help other bloggers or entrepreneurs manage their Pinterest accounts and drive traffic to their blog or shop.
3. Teach kids English online. If you love teaching and working with kids, you’ll want to look into teaching English online with VIPKID. You can earn up to $22 per hour! All you need is a Bachelor’s degree and a stable internet connection so you can work anywhere in the world!
4. Sell stock photos online. Are you a great photographer? If you answered yes, put those photography skills to good use! Bloggers and business owners will pay big bucks for photos to save themselves time to work on other tasks.
5. Start a Youtube channel. You can film videos right in the comfort of your own home on a topic you’re passionate about. Make passive income by teaching others, creating tutorials, making people laugh, talking about current events, and so much more!
6. Sell printables on Etsy. People love purchasing printables and cheat sheets that will help them save time. If you love creating and designing, selling these Etsy is a great little passive income stream with just a small amount of work upfront. Learn how you can sell your own printables on Etsy today.
7. Start a dog walking business. A lot of people just don’t have the time during their busy day to walk their dog. If you love dogs and want to get some exercise at the same time, take advantage of this and become a dog walker today with Rover.
8. Make extra money by filling out surveys. If you ever have any free time, a great way to make some extra cash right from your phone or laptop is to fill out surveys. Check out the 20 best paid survey sites here.
9. Become a virtual assistant. Business owners, bloggers, and entrepreneurs are often pressed for time and need the help of virtual assistants to get stuff done. If you love helping others, have a knack for organization and management, you’ll want to take a look at becoming a VA. There are a ton of niches you can choose from depending on your strengths from email management, customer service, bookkeeping, social media management, and so on. Learn how to start your own virtual assistance business.
10. Make money by flipping blogs. If you’re a real champ at blogging, you can make thousands of dollars (even 5 to 6 figures!) by flipping blogs and selling them in a matter of months. Learn how to flip blogs to get started today!
11. Become a mystery shopper. Mystery shoppers are a great way for companies to make sure that they are complaint with regulations and that their services meet the standard quality of service. If you love trying new things (and a lot of times getting stuff for free), becoming a mystery shopper with BestMark.
12. Sell dog treats on Etsy. If you love baking and dogs, selling dog treats on Etsy is the perfect side hustle to make some extra cash.
13. Delivery groceries with Instacart and Shipt. Tons of people need services to get groceries delivered to them because they don’t have the time or they can’t leave the house. A great way to make some extra cash is to help delivery groceries to others with Instacart and Shipt.
15. Review sites with UserTesting. Earn money by testing out websites and apps and giving your feedback on UserTesting. You can earn up to $10 per completed test!
16. Start an Amazon FBA business. Selling a product on Amazon is a great way to make some extra cash on the side and best of all, you can do it from anywhere in the world. Check out how to start your very own Amazon FBA business and sign up for a free 7-day email course on how to get started today!
17. Create your own e-course. If you are knowledgable about a topic, a great way to start a side hustle is to create your own e-course on Teachable and teach others what you know.
19. Manage other people’s social media accounts. With so many individuals and businesses using social media nowadays, many need constant management of their social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram due to time constraints. If you’re organized and ambitious, become a social media manager.
20. Become an Instagram influencer. If you have a big following on Instagram, brands are always interested in advertising their products and services and you can make a lot of money by just talking about these brands to your followers. Learn how to score sponsored blogging & Instagram jobs, work with brands, and become a high-paid brand ambassador.
21. Start pet sitting. People often go on vacation or have to leave their pets alone for a few days and want to leave their pets in an environment where they feel familiar and safe. If you love being around animals and taking care of pets, a great way to earn some extra money is to start your own pet sitting business.
22. Babysit. If you love being around kids, babysitting a few days a week is an awesome side hustle. Offer your services on Care.com where families can browse and contact caregivers.
23. Rent out a room or your entire home on AirBnB. Want to utilize an extra room that you’re not using in your home? Or if you’re going to be away from home for an extended period of the year, rent out your home on AirBnB. It’s a great way to earn extra cash if you have the extra space.
25. Proofread other people’s work. If you have an eye for detail with great grammar skills, you’ll want to look into proofreading other people’s work. Click here to learn how to turn your proofreading skills into a profitable business.
27. Search the internet and earn money on Swagbucks. Did you know that you can earn some side cash just by searching the internet? All you need to do is use the Swagbucks search engine and you’ll earn Swagbucks and redeem your points for cash!
28. Become a coach. People are always looking for guidance and mentors regardless of where they are in their life or business. If you love to help others succeed, you can become a life coach, business coach, accountability coach, and so much more!
29. Become a forum moderator. Forums are always in need of moderators to keep them running smoothly so this is a great side gig if you’re great at keeping a crowd in check.
30. Start a dropshipping business. Want to start an e-commerce business but don’t want the hassle of physically selling products and keeping them on hand? Dropshipping allows you to not have to keep inventory on hand which is great if you don’t have a lot of space. Just find a dropshipping supplier that will send out the products to the purchaser for you and all that’s left for you to do is provide excellent customer service to your buyers.
31. Become a house sitter. Like a pet sitter, many people who go on vacation or need to be away for a prolong period of time enjoy the peace of mind that their house is looked after while they’re gone. As a house sitter, you would water their plants, get the mail, and make sure everything at home is in order.
32. Become a food delivery driver with DoorDash. Love the idea of making extra cash by delivering food to people’s doorsteps? Become a food delivery driver with DoorDash and set your own hours!
33. Drive others with Lyft. If you love the idea of talking and interacting with others, a great way to make some money while doing that is to drive others around town with Lyft.
34. Help others complete small jobs on Taskrabbit. Tons of people need help with odd jobs around the house such as building furniture, cleaning, and yard work. Taskrabbit connects freelance laborers with individuals who need help around the house.
35. Become a search engine evaluator with Appen or Lionbridge. As an independent contractor for Appen or Lionbridge, you’ll be helping gather information to improve machine learning programs. There are many different roles that you can sign up for including translators, social media evaluators, search engine evaluators, transcribers, and more.
36. Become a music teacher. If you’re musically-inclined, teaching others how to play an instrument, such as the piano or guitar, in the comfort of your own home or your student’s home is a good way to make extra cash.
37. Sell your own WordPress themes or plugins. If you’re tech-savvy and have an idea of how to code, you can sell your own WordPress themes or plugins on Creative Market.
38. Create your own fonts. Another great way to make some money on Creative Market if you’re an artist or designer is to create your own fonts.
39. Become a voice over artist. If you have a unique voice and you’re great at acting out different characters, use those talents to become a voice over artist! Check out VoiceBunny or Fiverr for gigs.
40. Become a call reviewer. Lots of companies hire people who listen and monitor recorded calls for quality control and training. This is a great way to make extra cash if you have great listening skills.
41. Become a freelance writer. If writing is your strong suit, you can start a lucrative side hustle by writing for others and make thousands of dollars per month. Learn how to write your way to your first $1k here.
42. Start a podcast. If you have knowledge about a certain subject that you can talk on and on for ages about, a great idea to make extra cash in addition to Youtube is to start a podcast from home.
43. Stream on Twitch. Have you ever wanted to make cash while you stream games that you already love to play during your down time? You can do just that on Twitch.
44. Become a freelance makeup artist. Start your own freelance mobile makeup business if you love makeup and are good at applying it on others. Market yourself on Instagram to promote your services and reach potential clients.
45. Start refereeing sports games. If you love a certain sport, you can make hundreds of dollars money league games each week.
46. Become a transcriptionist. If you’re a great listener, a fast typer, have a high rate of accuracy, and have great grammar skills, sign up to become a transcriptionist at Rev. All you have to do is listen to audio files and type the words that you hear. This is a great side gig where you can work at your own pace and your own hours.
47. Rent out your car. If you don’t need to use your car often, rent out your car to others on Turo.
48. Make money when you go shopping. Shopping can be both fun and a great way to earn back some extra cash. Learn how to make money when you shop using Rakuten.
49. Become an interior decorator. Do you have a knack for beautifully decorating a room? Tons of people want interior decorators to style their homes so this can be a great side hustle if you have an artistic eye.
50. Sell used books and textbooks on Bookscouter. Make extra cash with your old books that are laying around at home you no longer want with Bookscouter. Just scan your book’s ISBN with their app and see how much money you can get back for it.
I hope these ideas sparks some ideas on what you can start for your next side hustle. Let me know in the comments if this helped!
Liked this post? Please share it!